Monday, November 4, 2013

Home Ec: Banana Bread

Today in homeschool home economics class I am baking my amazing chocolate chip banana bread. The recipe I use is from an old 4-H cookbook titled Fayette County 4-H Club Cookbook. I thought since it is so good I would share the recipe with you. Here it is!

 Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Makes 1 large loaf

8 ounce package of cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup margarine
2 eggs
1 cup of mashed banana or about 2 bananas
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips (you could also use nuts)

  1. Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and margarine, mixing until well-blended.
  2. Blend in banana and eggs. 
  3. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda together. (Don't mix up the amount of baking soda and baking powder. You're bread will not turn out well. I speak from experience.)
  4. Add dry ingredient combination to the banana blend, mixing just until moistened.
  5. Fold in chocolate chips (or nuts).
  6. Pour into greased bread pan.
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Check to make sure it's done on the inside.
  8. Cool 10 minutes then remove from pan.
  9. Enjoy your delicious banana bread!
    Here's a picture of my bread!

1 comment: